Instruct your agent, agree to fees, sign your Agency Agreement, and supply your ID.
Our Selling Timetable
We will supply a full-colour brochure, with professional photographs, EPC and 3D Floorplans to show your property in the best light. There is also exposure through our branch displays and Internet advertising through Rightmove.
We will always conduct accompanied viewings on your home. It is a known fact that viewers generally feel more at ease with an agent, rather than the actual owner. Additionally, of course we will establish your potential buyer’s ability to buy and try to obtain an offer or constructive feedback.
Once we have received an offer from a potential purchaser, we will feed this information and their suitability straight back to you.
If the Offer is acceptable to you, it will then be agreed and we will proceed as follows.
If you already have a Solicitor, now is the time to speak with them. If you wish us to recommend a Solicitor from our trusted panel of local companies then we will do this for you.
One of the first things your Solicitor will do is draw up a draft contract to be sent to your Purchasers Solicitor and the legal process of conveyancing can be started.
Once your purchaser’s Survey results are back, and they have paid for their searches to be done, enquiries will be raised to your Solicitor. Once these have been answered/settled by your Solicitor then the next two stages are the most easily recognised.
Exchange is when both sets of Solicitors physically exchange signed contracts between both parties, the buyer and the seller. It is at this point that normally a deposit is forwarded to your Solicitor to be held until completion and it is now a legally binding contract.
Completion is when all the monies for your property are paid over to your Solicitor. You will be required to move out and vacate your old property, releasing the keys to your purchaser.
Help and Support
It is worth noting that we have a full sales progression system in place.
We will be with you every step of the way right through to completion of your property. Our service standards will ensure that we assist you. This is sometimes where other agents fall down and as a consequence sometimes sales can fall through.
Because we have such a wealth of experience of not just property but the financial/mortgage/legal conveyancing processes, we will guide your sale through to a swift and satisfactory conclusion.
We rely on repeat business and satisfied customer referrals and your satisfaction is of utmost importance to us.
Step One – Market Appraisal
- Trust our honest pricing assessment of your home’s current value.
- Take advantage our of local area knowledge to find you the right buyer.
- Gain advice and awareness of the current market and how our company can assist you in your sale.
Step Two – Choose an Agent
- Consider how your agent will be marketing your home and helping you progress in your future plans.
- Our caring, professional, privately run company will provide a tailored marketing package to meet your budget, property style and time scales.
Step Three – Preparing your Property
- Presentation is the most important factor when selling your home.
- Our dedicated photography service will enable you to attract attention in a world where most people shop online.
- Nationwide will visit your home prior to the final details appointment in order to assist you to stage your home to create a lasting and striking impression, if you require a helping hand.
Step Four – Marketing your Home
- You will have our dedicated team providing continual contact with marketing updates as well as helpful tips to maximise your homes saleability.
- We provide a professional service of fully accompanied viewings to ease stress and encourage honest feedback from prospective buyers.
Step Five – Receiving and Agreeing an Offer
- Dress the beds with fresh sheets in neutral shades.
- Tidy away clothing and clutter.
- Keep windows open to add light and air to rooms.
- Hoover all carpets.
Step Six – Sales Progression & Exchanging Contracts
- During the progression of your sale, searches and surveys may be carried out by the purchaser’s solicitor in order to allow for a mortgage to be issued.
- Once all searches have been completed, contracts will be exchanged – a legally binding document committing to the sale.
- The sales progression team will keep you informed at every step.
Step Seven – Completion
1. A completion date is agreed through solicitors, yourselves and the purchasers.
2. Upon completion the outstanding balance is transferred into your solicitors account.
3. Once all monies have reached your bank account you will be advised of completion and keys are exchanged.